The Embedded R&D funding call is an opportunity for research staff at UK universities to bid for up to £60,000 to explore the transfer of knowledge between academia and industry in areas aligned with Virtual Production (VP):
- VP Integration of virtual game worlds and physical content.
- Sound Design in VP.
- Environments, Characters and Objects.
- Digital Assets, Data, Ethics, and Intellectual Property.
- AI and data-driven automation.
- Translation and Impact in the Digital Economy.
The projects will build on existing relationships between academic and industry partners that are working towards a tangible outcome. This could take the form of a researcher embedded within a company, or a project dedicated to a specific R&D initiative within an organisation.