Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), will invest up to £2.4 million in Young Innovators with this competition.
The aim of the competition is to find a new group of Young Innovators that, with our help, can turn their great ideas into successful businesses.
We are looking for young people who would benefit most from the Young Innovators Awards, including the financial support and tailored package of expert advice.
We will fund a portfolio of projects, selecting award winners who:
- have high potential to be future leaders in innovation or successful entrepreneurs and inspirational role model to others
- are most likely to benefit from the package of support on offer
- represent a diverse range of innovative ideas for business
- are located across all parts of the UK
This competition is open to sole applicants only. To be eligible for an award you must:
be a UK resident who has the right to work in the UK, or will have the right to work in the UK for the duration of the award
be aged from 18 to 30 on the date of competition closing
have not previously received a Young Innovators Award from Innovate UK
You must be able to commit to:
- working on average for 2 days (15 hours) per week on your Young Innovators Award, including some weekday time to meet with your Innovation Champion
- attending 3 virtual bootcamps, each lasting 1 day (10am to 4pm) on 15 November 2022, 15 March 2023, 15 June 2023 and attend a further 1 day, in person or hybrid event with all Young Innovators on 14 September 2023
- engaging at least 4 days over the duration of the programme as a role model