PRODUCTION INNOVATION FOR IMMERSIVE CONTENT COMPETITION LAUNCHES 1 OCTOBER
The next phase of the Audience of the Future Challenge sees the launch of a new R&D fund, Production Innovation for Immersive Content. Up to £8m is available for business-led R&D projects that enable immersive content to be created faster, more efficiently or in new ways, and which improve significantly on the current ‘state-of-the-art’ in the field.
Lowering the cost of this content and expanding the ways in which it can be experienced will help UK businesses, especially SMEs to flourish and maintain the UK’s position as a global creative powerhouse.
The competition is open to all UK creative industry organisations working with immersive technologies. Single company projects can receive up to £250,000, while collaborative projects up to £1m. All proposals must involve at least one participant who is a content creator and develop tools, products or services for creating and delivering immersive content.
The full competition scope will be made live on Monday 1 October – further information, including a range of resources to help and support applications will be available from that date.
Competition briefing events
A series of briefing, networking and drop-in events are planned throughout October. These events are designed to give you an opportunity to meet the teams behind the competitions, learn more about the scope of funding on offer, ask questions and meet potential partners and collaborators. These events are free to attend, however as demand is expected to be high, early registration is essential! Events include:
- Monday 8 October | 2pm-4pm | Belfast Drop-in Info Session
- Tuesday 9 October | 2pm-4pm | Edinburgh Briefing Event
- Monday 15 October | 11am-1pm | Cardiff Drop-in Info Session
- Tuesday 16 October | 10am-3pm | Manchester Briefing Event & Consortia Networking
- Thursday 18 October | 10am-3pm | London Briefing Event & Consortia Networking
- Thursday 18 October | 10am-12pm | Online Webcast
- Thursday 8 November | 10.30am-1.30pm | Newcastle Drop-in Info Session