In December 2020, Immerse UK, KTN and Enterprise M3 LEP brought together the collective geospatial, gaming and immersive UK communities, and showcase some of their latest developments.
About this webinar
As location data becomes ubiquitous and pervasive, key economic sectors are becoming interested in finding out what location data can do for them. The geospatial community is responding by opening up to new growth opportunities. New trends in geospatial technologies are expected to impact multiple sectors and foster path-breaking innovation, addressing a plethora of emerging challenges.
In this respect, the Geospatial Commission has identified eight emerging trends that are poised to impact the industry in support of UK economic growth, with Immersive Technology being one of them. In August 2019, PUBLIC – an organisation that helps technology start-ups work better with the public sector – released the Future Technologies Review, analysing the commercial opportunities for the use of geospatial data, referring to numerous success stories and case studies.
This event represents the first of its kind in bringing together those key sectors for the exploration of collaboration opportunities in greater detail. In this context, both KTN, Immerse UK and Enterprise M3 LEP identified an opportunity to bring together the collective geospatial, gaming and immersive UK communities, and showcase some of their latest developments.
- Andy Bennett | Knowledge Transfer Manager for Space, KTN
- Rob Dunford | Director of EM3 Business Delivery Team, EM3 LEP
The Geo-AR/VR-Gaming Landscape
- Alistair Maclenan | CEO, Quarry One Eleven
Panel I: State of the Art – Examples of Applications of AR/VR and Gaming in the Geospatial Sector
- Stewart Kent | CEO, Geve
- Melanie Langlotz | CEO, GeoARGames
- Linda Wade | CEO, Spinview
- Ed Parsons | Geospatial Technologist, Google
- Asha Easton | Lead, Immerse UK (Moderator)
- Tom Greenwood | Business Applications Regional Ambassador, ESA
Panel II: Regional Excellence
- Rishi Sapre | CFO, Mantle Labs
- Neil Johnston | CEO, Vector Suite
- Stewart Mardell | VP Sales, Vision Engineering
- Susan Jason | Missions, Systems & Outreach, InSpace Missions
- Louise Butt | Business Development Manager, South Coast Centre of Excellence in Satellite Applications, University of Portsmouth (Moderator)