International trade missions offer UK businesses fantastic opportunities to showcase the best of British creativity and innovation on an global stage, discover fresh ideas and build international collaborative partnerships.
Open for applications: Global Business Innovation Programme – Audience of the Future, USA
Innovate UK is organising a Global Business Innovation Programme with the USA to help innovative UK-based SMEs businesses build international collaborations and partnerships.
This programme is designed to showcase UK businesses to the US market and help build relationships with partners in the region.
This fully-funded programme includes a six-day visit to San Francisco and Austin (for SXSW), a preparation phase in the UK and follow-up support.
Key benefits in participating
- A fully funded, six day visit to USA, including participation in SXSW.
- Meeting with businesses, innovation hubs and other key stakeholders to build potential collaborations and gain industry insights from thought leaders.
- a better understanding of the challenges and opportunities in doing business in the US
- Improve your company pitches to international investors and partners.
Why the USA?
San Francisco is home to cutting-edge technology companies, innovation hubs, and academic institutions. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet with and develop partnerships with business and institutions in the region.
SXSW has an unrivalled reputation as the place to celebrate the convergence of the interactive, film, and music industries. With thousands of delegates in attendance from over 100 countries, SXSW offers a fantastic chance to meet and network with key stakeholders from the creative industry.
Who should apply?
UK registered SMEs working in immersive, including augmented and/or virtual reality, haptics, advanced visualisations and other sensory interfaces.
£600 deposit* (incl. VAT), fully refundable to participating delegates.
* Non-attendance after formal acceptance may result in forfeiting all or part of this deposit. No deposit is required at the time of your application.
Visit dates | 12-17 March 2020 (excluding travel)
Deadline for applications |11 December 2019
Pre-visit briefing | 11 February 2020
Post-visit briefing | June 2020
How to apply
There is a two phase application process. This includes:
Phase 1 | Online application. Apply by 11 December 2019
Phase 2 | Panel review for shortlisted companies
Find out more and apply
Visit the Newable website to find more and apply.