ImmerseUK brings together industry, researchers and research organisations; the public sector, entrepreneurs, innovators and end users to support the UK in becoming the global leader in applications of immersive technologies: high-end visualisation, virtual, mixed, and augmented reality, haptics and other sensory interfaces with data.
We are building a rolling programme of work, developed with our members and the IET, which addresses the pressing issues that slow down R&D and identifies the opportunities for growth and collaboration in the emerging marketplace.
Some of this country’s most recognisable and innovative brands – from Rolls-Royce and BAE Systems to Imagination, Holovis and the BBC – are founding members.
By joining ImmerseUK, you will have an opportunity to develop, participate and benefit from network activities, which include:
- Developing and promoting a vision and a roadmap for the UK as world leader in the application of immersive technologies
- Stimulating research and innovation, knowledge transfer and collaboration between diverse stakeholders in academia, industry and the public sector
- Building awareness of the opportunities open to immersive technologies across a range of key challenge areas
- Identifying key developments, opportunities, innovation challenges, and barriers to adoption
- Raising awareness of business requirements, including start-ups: for skills, for finance, for research and other resources
- Facilitating new interdisciplinary collaborations in R&D, business and market development
- Assisting RCUK and UKRI in the development and co-ordination of relevant research programmes
- Helping develop industry standards in collaboration with international bodies
- Encouraging a human-centred approach to the design and development of immersive technologies, applications and experience.