Apply by 13 January 2020 for the chance to join the UK’s Department for International Trade (DIT) team at SxSW in Austin, Texas from 13 – 22 March 2020.
SxSW is the global meeting place for over 300,000 innovators and creators from across the interactive, film and music sectors. It offers the perfect chance for learning and discovery, as well as opportunities to foster business development and professional growth.
DIT is leading the UK Government’s presence at SxSW for 2020 with its UK trade stand and UK home-from-home and official SxSW venue, the British Music Embassy. By applying to join the DIT’s trade mission, you will get the chance to meet and engage with potential buyers, run meetings, showcase your innovations and music talent, hold your own events and receptions, network and present your brand with impact throughout SxSW.
By attending SxSW and getting involved with this DIT mission, you will get the chance to meet with the perfect audience to make new connections and showcase your company’s creativity, expertise, and technology.
Cost and benefits packages
There are 3 tiers for participation:
Tier 3 (basic package) includes:
- A UK trade mission discount code for money off their badge.
- Invitation to the Friday 13 March, UK at SxSW opening reception.
- Access to meeting space at the UK Trade show stand and the British Music Embassy between 14 -17 March.
- Opportunity to attend daytime partner activity at the BME throughout Interactive.
- Listing in UK at SxSW directory.
- Pre-SxSW webinar to discuss making the most of the conference.
Cost: £175 plus VAT
Tier 2 includes:
- Basic package.
- Saturday 14 March, welcome and SxSW kick-off and roundtables at the British Music Embassy.
- Option to have a time-slot for demoing at the BME daytime interactive space.
- 1/2-page profile in UK at SxSW directory.
- Invitations to a number of receptions and events.
Cost: £600 plus VAT
Tier 1 includes:
- Basic package.
- Includes Platinum Connections* at a subsidised cost, bespoke 1-1 business meeting package for company principals, with meeting space accommodated on the UK trade show floor
Saturday 14 March, Welcome and SxSW kick-off and roundtables at the British Music Embassy.
- Exclusive demo space during interactive fest daytime programming.
- One-page profile at UK at SxSW directory.
- One-on-one meeting/video chat with DIT USA to prepare for SxSW in advance.
- Invitations to a number of British receptions and events.
*Platinum Connection is an elite program that matches expertly selected international companies with US companies and facilitates 1-2-1 meetings between business decision makers. All meetings take place at the UK trade show stand during interactive festival. This cost is subsidised. There will be a maximum of 10 companies accepted on this tier.
Cost: £1,800 plus VAT
This does not include airfare, transfers, insurance, accommodations and food, nor SxSW conference badge, which are the sole responsibility of the attendee.
The Mission takes place from 13 – 22 March 2020. The closing date for applications is 13 January 2020.
Find out more and apply
You can find out more by downloading further information about the mission by visiting the DIT website