Explore the use of innovative technologies to enhance storytelling and business opportunities in India by joining the Department of International Trade’s Createch Mission to India. The mission, from 10-15 December 2018 in Mumbai and New Delhi is now open for applications until 12 October.
The Createch Mission to India is taking place from 10-15 December 2018 in Mumbai and New Delhi. It will give UK content and immersive technology businesses the chance to meet potential customers & partners and learn about the latest trends through conferences and networking receptions.
The Media & Entertainment sector in India stood at £17.64 billion in 2017 and is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate of 11.6%, which is a faster rate than India’s GDP growth, to reach £24 billion by 2020. The explosion of the mobile subscription base (£217 million by 2020) & OTT platforms is expected to double the number of online video subscribers to 500 million by 2020.
Mumbai is home to the Indian creative content and advertising industry, while policy decisions are led from New Delhi. The Department for International Trade (DIT) is leading a market visit to these cities to coincide with the DIT-led FutureTech Festival and the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) Big Picture Summit.
The mission will benefit UK participants by:
- participating in the India-UK FutureTech Festival;
- participating in the Big Picture Summit organised by Confederation of Indian Industries (CII);
- taking advantage of potential speaking and exhibition opportunities to build company profiles;
- interacting with top companies, industry associations and influencers in the Indian creative sector through introductions by DIT staff and invites to networking receptions;
- gaining quality advice from an experienced and specialised DIT India creative team;
- inclusion in the Mission brochure delivered to potential partners and buyers;
- on-ground PR and social media coverage;
- celebrating innovation with an unmatched audience from a high-profile British platform.
Who should attend?
Indian businesses are interested in innovative offers across artificial intelligence and immersive tech that can help improve the quality & distribution of content including:
- VFX studios
- AR/VR studios
- Providers of VFX equipment and AR/VR equipment
- Post-production houses
- Content providers
- Educational institutes and skills development programmes in these areas
The cost to attend this mission is £440+VAT. This includes access to events, networking sessions and group ravel to event venues. The cost of air travel, insurance, accommodation, airport transfer and subsistence are not included in this fee.
The Mission takes place from 10-15 December 2018. The closing date for applications is 12 October 2018.
Find out more and apply
You can find out more by downloading further information about the DIT Createch Trade Mission to India here